Friday 13 March 2015

RIP Terry Pratchett




http://www.avclub.com/article/terry-pratchett-was-fantasy-fictions-kurt-vonnegut-216514


My favourite author just died, and I'm genuinely sad about it. It was not unexpected as he had a degenerative illness, but the fact that there will be no more Discworld books is something I find difficult to grasp. I have read all of his books many times, and they are the books I read when I feel sad, am bored, need to relax.

Fangirl teenage me once met him at a book signing in 1998 at Whitcoulls on Queen St. He declined to inscribe my favourite book of his- Small Gods- with my requested phrase-"In memory of that night in Paris", instead writing "In memory of a wonderful 10 seconds."

I feel that the world is a better place because of him, and I feel that I am a better person than I might be because of his books.

RIP Terry, we love you.
(actually tearing up over here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment