Tuesday 19 August 2014



At the moment I'm reading Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, the first of the Infernal Devices series. I have been reading it for just over a week and have had my nose stuck in it the entire time, it is such a cool book! It is kind of historical; Victorian London where magic exists. I'm almost finished the book and I read it at any possible moment because it is at the climax at the moment. Like any good book, it almost make me cry when one of the characters died, and I'm so glad there are more of these books in the series. 

(:
Kim Darbyshire

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim,

    The Infernal Devices series sound similar to the Bartimaeus trilogy that I adore. The Bartimaeus trilogy are set during a similar time period in London, with magicians as the ruling class. The magicians are able to summon djinni of different levels to help them with their political intrigue, power struggles, and daily tasks. Bartimaeus is a particularly sarcastic djinni who narrates a lot of the book, along with a boy named Nathaniel who is just beginning his training from an old, low level magician. They meet and a lot of hilarious adventures and misfortunes ensue. I'm sure the library would have a copy of the series, The Amulet of Samarkand is first. And I will have to visit the library and get the Clockwork Angel now you are onto the second book!

    See you in tutor,
    Kind regards,
    Miss Wells

    ReplyDelete