Wednesday 8 July 2015

Holiday conferencing

Fangirl and Colquhoun fight crime.


I'm at the English teachers' conference at the moment, hearing from great authors and great teachers. Yesterday we were serenaded by Glen Colquhoun, a poet for whom I have a longtime affection (see pic above with me fangirling).

I enjoyed hearing from Bernard Beckett this morning. He is a teacher and author who spoke about many things, including his new book Lullaby coming out soon which sounded creepy but delicious. It reminded me of the ideas explored in The Adoration of Jenna Fox- what makes us us?

It's great to get recommendations for new books- here is a list of some (of the many) that I have suggested to Mr Moses our school librarian (love librarians!)

Keeper Mal Peet- literary sports trilogy
Long Shots underdog stories
Wild Boy- boy walked around NZ Coast line
Pretty Deadly Joe Schreiber
Boys Don’t Cry Malorie Blackman


No comments:

Post a Comment