Wednesday 17 September 2014

Divergent


I have just read the book Divergent. The first novel in the series by Veronica Roth, and I would have to say one of my all-time favourite books. I am in love with dystopian future-themed books at the moment, so this is perfect for me. It is revolving around a 16 year old girl, Beatrice Prior, in a world where people are divided into 5 groups, which honour different human characteristics. Beatrice is torn between Abnegation, the selfless faction she was born into, and Dauntless, the brave faction she is drawn to. She makes new friends in her adventures, many enemies, and falls in love with Four, her mysterious mentor. Her family makes huge sacrifices so she can stop the mass-slaughter of hundreds of innocent people. I am completely in love with this book and recommend it to any teenage girl (or boy) who likes action, love and mystery. I absolutely can't wait to get the other two books out!

:) Kim Darbyshire

No comments:

Post a Comment